Progress of the project in summer 2012
- Jean-Paul Rochaix has installed the carrier cable of the focal carrycot. 800 m long, this cable is now equipped with a secure replacement of the initial manual winch, electric winch which facilitates the operations of installation/removal.
- Two spherical mirrors of 150 mm in diameter and 200 m radius of curvature, polished by David Vernet, have installed on their supports tripods and placed on a North-South axis at a distance of 16 m from the other.
- Two optical pods prototypes have been developed and tested on bench; mirrors score tests conducted in situ using a laser sight-transmitter.
- An optical device to receive and filming the stellar image returned by the gondola was installed at the South point.
- Cables for the follow-up of the diurnal motion of the pod were installed and motorised (using a stepper motor). A counterweight fixed in larch system ensures a possibility of monitoring for about 1 hour.
- Denis Mourard and Rémi Prud'homme have developed software for steering cables (synchronization to the East and West).
- Rémi Prud'homme has implemented a WIFI system for the transmission of data between the different points of the installation.
- Jean-Paul Rochaix has installed a solar electricity-powered tipi tent. With Satcom/Internet antenna, Heatable, it serves as a field laboratory and allows to work at the shelter.
- Cable signs for civil aviation and avifauna protection devices have been installed.
- Detailed tables of edge/lab notebooks have been kept up-to-date.
Underway for 2012-2013
- In collaboration with Martine Roussel and Jérôme Maillot, detailed field mapping was undertaken by the national Institute of geographic and forestry information (IGN) using a differential GPS.
- An application of European funding has made, in particular to increase the number of members of the team.
Preparation of the campaign spring-summer 2013
- First tests of tracking of the stars
- Tests of optics on the sky
- Fine tuning of both mirrors
- Increase in the number of mirrors
Souces-> LISE OCA